Some of us know what our “dream career” is, while others are unsure.
As Ashley Macey writes for Brit + Co (a new media and commerce company that enables creativity through inspirational content, online classes, and do-it-yourself kits):
“Finding a job that has everything you’re looking for isn’t quite as simple as the movies make it out to be. Whether you’re still deciding on a major in college or are looking for a midlife career change, there are so many ways that people suggest determining which career path is right for you that it can get a bit daunting. From researching entry-level salary reports to what you’re doing wrong on your resume, the learning really never ends. So if you don’t know exactly what you want to do yet, no biggie. These six personality tests will give you all the information you need to narrow down your options in 10 minutes or less.”
Here are links to the six entertaining and informative quizzes suggested by Macey:
- Which Hogwarts House Do You Belong In? “According to a study published in Personality and Individual Differences, your preferred Hogwarts house actually hints at your psychological personality.”
- IIP RIASEC Markers — “After grouping jobs into six categories (realistic, investigative, artistic, social, enterprising, and conventional), this test examines the different personality characteristics associated with each category.”
- Color Quiz — “Based work by Dr. Max Lûscher, this test asks you to choose colors to reveal your personality and biggest challenges. It’s useful for answering questions about strengths and weaknesses in job interviews.”
- Open Hemispheric Brain Dominance Scale — “Some psychologists use this to learn more about perceived personalities. Are you right-brained or left-brained? Find out where you should focus LinkedIn searches.”
- The Birkham Method — “Widely used by corporations, this test will give you insight into everything you’d ever want to know regarding your career, from areas of interest to strengths and needs.
- The Nerdy Personality Attributes Scale — “Thinking about pursuing a career in the hard sciences? This test quantifies how nerdy you are by answering a series of 26 “agree or disagree” questions.”
Click the image to read more.