Students in the Department of Information Systems and Business Analytics at Hofstra University get a well-rounded education. Superior, hands-on programs are offered in Information Technology, Business Analytics, and Quality Management. Each program is combined with a solid grounding in business processes and functions.
Students may study design, implementation, and management in the following areas: Network and Security, Commerce and Cloud Computing, Health Information Technology, Enterprise Systems, Big Data, and Business Analytics.
The Department of Information Systems and Business Analytics provides students with:
- An IT Executive Board of Visitors. This Executive Board is comprised of senior industry leaders in New York City and Long Island who help the Department stay ahead of technology trends, and mentor and advise on student internship opportunities. The Board offers invaluable real-world perspective on the increasing demand for students with knowledge and skills in information technology and business analytics.
- Strong academic partnerships with Cisco Networking Academy, SAP Academic Alliance, Oracle, and Microsoft. These partnerships enable our students to attain substantial hands-on experience with the most contemporary software solutions.
- An active student organization. The Hofstra IT Association (HITA) sponsors a variety of programs including professional networking events with guest speakers, hands-on workshops, and peer and faculty tutoring.
- Five-year BBA/MBA and dual degree BBA/MS programs. These program options save students considerable time and money compared to earning a bachelor’s degree and master’s degree separately.
The Hofstra IT Association (HITA) is a student club that is supported by the Department of Information Systems and Business Analytics. It is actively working to promote IT, to provide all students interested in IT the opportunity to become acquainted with emerging information technologies, and to contribute to the Hofstra community. Visit it at Facebook.
HITA Members engage in the following activities:
- Professional networking events with guest speakers
- Hands-on workshops in such IT areas as ERP systems, SAP, RFID, and Wireless Networks
- Discussion panels in technology and business applications and issues
- Special tutoring by other members and faculty volunteers
- Online discussion and video conferencing
- Gaining insightful knowledge from professional guest speakers about IT career opportunities
- Learning about various skills needed in the workplace
Here is a YouTube video about HITA. [Note: This video was shot before the Department name change.]